Welcome to The Churches of Christ in Christian Union
The mission of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union is to preach and teach the gospel of Christ for the purpose of:
- World Evangelization
- Discipling Believers
- Promoting Scriptural Holiness
- Establishing Churches and Ministries which reflect the spirit and practice of the New Testament Church
The West Central District meets today, Saturday, July 14th, 2018, for its 39th annual District Council at Grace Ministries in Columbus, Ohio. Ministers, delegates, and district officials will elect officers for the coming Council terms. Many significant votes will be taken. Results are listed below. Please check back throughout the day for updates.
The South Central District met Friday, July 13th, 2018, for its 60th annual District Council at Brookside Church in Chillicothe, Ohio. Ministers, delegates, and district officials gathered to elect officers for the coming Council terms. Many significant votes were taken. Results are listed below.
Rev. Gary Heimbach has been appointed by the South Central District Board of Trustees as the next South Central District Superintendent. Gary will assume his new duties on July 20th.
Gary is a native of Wheelersburg, Ohio and grew up in the Cedar Street Church of Christ in Christian Union in New Boston, Ohio. At nine years old, Gary accepted Jesus as Savior at the altar of our Nipgen Junior Camp.
A 1989 graduate of Wheelersburg High School, Gary enrolled in the University of Cincinnati’s College of Engineering. Not long afterward, following years of struggling and running, Gary accepted the call of God to a life of ministry and was entirely sanctified October 29, 1989. Gary enrolled at Ohio Christian University in January 1990, graduated in 1993 and was ordained in the old tabernacle on the Mount of Praise Campground in August 1993. During his years at OCU, Gary traveled with the college quartet in our churches and youth camps and worked in the enrollment department and student services.
Rev. Mike Holbrook has been elected General Superintendent of The Church of Christ in Christian Union (CCCU). Mike brings a wealth of experience to the leadership of the CCCU. He has served as the South Central District Superintendent, Assistant District Superintendent and Senior Pastor of Circleville First Church of Christ in Christian Union for sixteen years.
The General Board of Trustees has appointed Rev. Michael Tipton as General Missionary Superintendent. He began his duties on March 1, 2018. Tipton will fulfill the unexpired term of Dr. David Lattimer.
- Dr. Jon Kulaga, physical need
- Andrea Turner, physical need
- Rev. Robert Sayre, physical need
- Rev. Grover Blankenship, physical need
- Caribbean Churches and Families
- Donna Sollars, physical need
- Open Churches
- Family of Pearlena Johnson
- American Indian Field, Siloam Church building project
- Greg & Teresa, upcoming trips & spiritual retreats for missionaries
- Shawn & Bethany Waugh, passing of Shawn's father
- Upcoming Missionary Rallies and summer events
- Join us in praying that the Lord will call more workers into the harvest.
- Pray also for those traveling in the US raising support and supporters for the ministries. Ask God to to give them safe travels, effective communication of the vision and the need, and a cheerful and generous response.