Welcome to The Churches of Christ in Christian Union
The mission of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union is to preach and teach the gospel of Christ for the purpose of:
- World Evangelization
- Discipling Believers
- Promoting Scriptural Holiness
- Establishing Churches and Ministries which reflect the spirit and practice of the New Testament Church
In September, the Caribbean islands of Dominica and St. Croix were hit with two major hurricanes, including Hurricane Maria which struck the island of Dominica as a Category 5 hurricane with sustained winds of over 150 miles per hour. Both islands were devasted by these storms. There are sixteen CCCU churches in Dominica and one CCCU church in St. Croix. Nearly every church was damaged, and many churches were severely damaged.
Dr. Jon Kulaga has been hired to be the 11th president for Ohio Christian University (OCU). Kulaga will start August 1st and comes from Asbury University, Wilmore, Kentucky, where he has been the chief operating officer and chief academic officer for 10 years. He received unanimous approval by both the OCU and Churches of Christ in Christian Union boards. Kulaga fills the role vacated by Dr. Mark Smith, OCU's president since 2006, who will become the president of Columbia International University, Columbia, South Carolina, on July 1st.
Dear CCCU friends,
One of my deepest concerns for CCCU is the decline of our missions program and our declining number of missionaries. In 2003 we had 50 missionaries. Today we have 29. With pending retirements, that number will fall even lower very soon. Over the last ten years we have only had ONE new missionary application.
Les da la bienvenido a la congregacion Hispana de la Iglesia Santificada.
On January 1, 2016, eight U.S. Hispanic congregations were transferred from the Sanctified Church denomination to The Churches of Christ in Christian Union. These congregations have been placed under our care with the full blessing of their mother church.
- Bolivia, flooding and recovery efforts
- Bolivia, political unrest
- Benji & Erica Jenkins, Benji's trip to Kimbe, PNG, to visit church planters
- Greg & Teresa Leeth, healthy development of granddaughter born prematurely
- Greg & Teresa Leeth, physical need
- Greg & Teresa Leeth, upcoming meetings at WGM
- Greg & Teresa Leeth, upcoming trip to PNG
- New Missionaries, training events at WGM
- Join us in praying that the Lord will call more workers into the harvest.
- Pray also for those travelling in the US raising support and supporters for the ministries. Ask God to to give them safe travels, effective communication of the vision and the need, and a cheerful and generous response.