Welcome to The Churches of Christ in Christian Union
The mission of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union is to preach and teach the gospel of Christ for the purpose of:
- World Evangelization
- Discipling Believers
- Promoting Scriptural Holiness
- Establishing Churches and Ministries which reflect the spirit and practice of the New Testament Church
Greetings to All,
I know I don’t need to remind you that God Is Good, but He is Good! The little chorus we used to sing a lot proclaimed that God is good. Velna Ledin wrote this chorus in 1933 while on a road trip with several companions just to pass the time while they were traveling. The verses of that chorus still encourage me today.
The CCCU leadership team continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the latest guideance from local, state, and national health and government leaders. After prayerful consideration and consultation with the Mount of Praise Camp Committee and General Board of Trustees, it has been decided to postpone General Council and Mount of Praise Camp Meeting. The 2020 Mount of Praise Camp Meeting will now be held from August 19-23. General Council will be held on August 20-21.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Churches of Christ in Christian Union presented an online Good Friday Service on April 10, 2020. General Superintendent Dr. Mike Holbrook and former General Superintendents Dr. Tom Hermiz and Dr. Dan Tipton spoke, with music provided by Dr. Ralph Hux and Mrs. Susan Jones. Read on to see the full service video.
General Superintendent Mike Holbrook has formed a COVID-19 Task Force to help lead and direct CCCU's response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The COVID-19 Task Force continues to analyze the latest information related to the coronavirus from government agencies and medical professionals in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our members and the general public.
General Superintendent Dr. Mike Holbrook shares, "I encourage you to be the church in these days. God has not been asleep or caught off guard. He will see us through, and my prayer is that the church responds in a way to bring Glory to God." Read on for the latest updates from our General Superintendent.
Due to COVID-19, the CCCU Missions Banquet has been postponed until further notice.
The 2020 CCCU Missions Banquet, sponsored by our Mission Minded Men, was originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18, at 5:00 PM at Crossroads CCCU in Circleville, Ohio.
Our goal this year is to reach the nation of Albania by bringing the hope of Jesus to Muslim families. Specifically, we want to raise $35,000 and form two work teams to help construct the Vlashaj Family Center which will minister to Muslim families in Vlashaj, Albania, and the surrounding communities. Our theme this year is “Hope for Albania.”
The General Missionary Department is pleased to announce Dr. David Lattimer as our new Missionary Evangelist. As Missionary Evangelist, Dr. Lattimer will travel among our churches preaching, teaching, and engaging churches in the Great Commission.
- Dr. Richard Morse, physical need
- Rev. Ele Thompson, physical need
- Rev. Bob Jones, physical need
- Mrs. Veronica Leathan, physical need
- COVID-19 patients and families
- Caribbean Churches and Families
- Open Churches
- Bolivia, continued COVID-19 restrictions
- Honduras, COVID-19 effects
- Honduras, Project Brazos de Jesus
- Terry Hawk, physical need
- Family of retired CCCU Missionary Burnis Bushong who passed away
- Join us in praying that the Lord will call more workers into the harvest.
- Pray also for those traveling in the US raising support and supporters for the ministries. Ask God to to give them safe travels, effective communication of the vision and the need, and a cheerful and generous response.