General Superintendent Mike Holbrook has formed a COVID-19 Task Force to help lead and direct CCCU's response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The COVID-19 Task Force continues to analyze the latest information related to the coronavirus from government agencies and medical professionals in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our members and the general public.
General Superintendent Updates
The following CCCU events have new dates:
- South Central District Council - October 17
The following CCCU events have been postposed until further notice or cancelled:
- Ohio Christian University Homecoming - October 3 - Cancelled
- West Central District Council - October 10 - Cancelled
- Northeast District Council - October 24 - Cancelled
Resources for Local Churches
Online Giving: Whether your local church continues to meet in person or not, all churches are encouraged to promote online giving options. Giving is a means of worship, and we want to provide options that allow our members to continue being faithful stewards of the resources God has given them. As always, members may continue to give by mail or in person.
If your church does not currently have an online giving option, many online giving platforms are available, including:
- Review the initial page to learn more.
- Click “Sign Up Now.' After clicking the “Sign Up Now” button, you will be taken to a page stating that you need to register.
- Once you have gathered all required information and applicable documents, click “Register Now” and complete the required registration questions.
To confirm that a local church is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, not-for-profit organization, the local church will need to provide one of the following:
- Its own letter from the IRS stating the church is a 501(c)(3) not for profit; or
- A letter/certificate from the denomination indicating the church is a member church under CCCU's group exemption filed with the IRS.
Livestreaming: Churches are encouraged to stream services via Facebook Live or other streaming service. Click here to access Facebook's livestreaming instructions.
See below for a video tutorial on streaming via Facebook Live.